Sunday, August 14, 2011

Eureka!

I've figured out what I want to do in college (though all plans are, of course, subject to change) and I'm excited!
I was with my best friend Miranda and she was showing me her classes for BYU next semester, and we started looking at different majors. I got a little curious and discovered that a Philosophy Major only takes 47 hours. The suggested Minors list said "Logic" (which I didn't even know was a class) and it only takes 15 hours. So I wanted to Major in Philosophy and Minor in Logic. That sounds pretty fun to me.
But then I had another idea!
If those were all I did, my college years might me a tad shorter than everyone else's, and that's no fun. So I wanted to add something. But what?
Physics.
That's right.
I am going to double Major in Philosophy and Physics, and Minor in Logic.

Everyone's first reaction is, "Wow! …. okay." Followed by a, "How do you intend to make a career out of that?"
I don't. That's what a Cosmetology license is for.
See, here's the thing. I can plan it all out carefully and earn a degree in something impressive that will serve me well in life and help me get a successful career that I can fall back on to support myself and or my future family and blah blah blah. OR I can do something that makes me absurdly happy just thinking about it, as well as making me feel truly successful.
What is better than to learn all that I can about the deepest mysteries in life? If all I want is to learn something new and exciting every moment of every day, what better way to do it?

So yes. I am ridiculously excited now. I'm even going to try and get a jump on it and take an AP Physics class this year instead of Painting.
:) This wasn't much of a blog post, I realize, but I"m excited about it so I had to share. Sorry guys! I'll try and think up something more interesting for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment