Sunday, January 8, 2012

Emotions

When you acknowledge something, you give it power. And there are things I choose not to admit they even exist. Emotions are one of them. What I know about them is this: emotions are a game. You either play or you're the victim. You cheat the system or are manipulated by those who can play the game better than you. I don't have time to mess around with feelings. I've got bigger fish to fry than the cute boy in choir, better things to do than hang on a wire as someone's little puppet, a Master messing with my life just for the fun of it. No. That is a place I am choosing not to go. So when he hugs me and the butterflies start, when all I can hear is the beating of my heart, I step back and realize what's going on. It's the oxytocin being released in my brain that makes me feel this way, like I trust him and he loves me, but I know it won't last long. Feelings are just chemicals, inaccurate and almost always wrong. Instead, give me the facts. Tell me what's real, show me your true self and I'll show you mine. Honesty. That's reality. Truth exists. Everything else is irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment